Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques > Molecular Cloning Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Cloning Forum DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

Transcription termination sequences

Transcription termination sequences - Molecular Cloning Forum

Transcription termination sequences - DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Transcription termination sequences

Hi - I'm new at this so forgive the dumb questions please but if I have a Gateway enabled vector in which I am inserting my favourite promoter and GFP tag (with stop codon) in order to get a transcriptional reporter, do I still need a termination sequence downstream of the Gateway casette for proper expression once transformed into a plant (not using agro!) ?

The vector has one, but when the gateway casette was inserted by the person we got it from, the terminator sequence is now out of frame.....

Tags
sequences , termination , transcription