Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques > Molecular Cloning Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Cloning Forum DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

No Transformation No Ligation!

No Transformation No Ligation! - Molecular Cloning Forum

No Transformation No Ligation! - DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 539, Level: 10 Points: 539, Level: 10 Points: 539, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default No Transformation No Ligation!

hi
I am trying to clone a 1,200 bp PCR products of PISTILLATA in plants.

I did directly clone the PCR products. The half of the clones was white. When I check the size of the insert by PCR amplification, there was no right insert (50-100 bs of inserts). I ran the PCR products on the gel, and cleaned the right fragment from the gel. This time, the cloning did not work at all. Only 2-4 blue clones, nothing more on the plate. I did this test several times, but no success. Anybody can suggest any solution? Thank you.

Last edited by admin; 02-19-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Tags
ligation , transformation