Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Biology Techniques Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

Reduced sensitivity down the gel

Reduced sensitivity down the gel - Molecular Biology Techniques

Reduced sensitivity down the gel - Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy Reduced sensitivity down the gel

Please help! I am new to gel electrophoresis and I keep stumbling into different problems and have no one to help.

I am having issues with reduced sensitivity down my gel. I have been using a mini gel and splitting it into 3 so that I can process more samples at a time but the bottom portion is not as sensitive. I also seem to be struggling to get the ladders on the right hand side running correctly.

I have tried running 2% agarose run at 100V for 60 mins, and 3% agarose run at 130V for 60 mins. I put EtBr in my gel before I pour it. And I use the same 1x TBE buffer to make the gel and as a running buffer. I have tried using different ladders and I have also tried rotating the gel on the light box in case that was a problem.

I have tried everything I can think of and running out of ideas.... Please help me, I am loosing precious time on my research.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c_2.jpg (114.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0080.jpg (116.9 KB, 0 views)

Tags
gel , reduced , sensitivity