Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Biology Techniques Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

3' RACE PCR from RNA without poly A tail

3' RACE PCR from RNA without poly A tail - Molecular Biology Techniques

3' RACE PCR from RNA without poly A tail - Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default 3' RACE PCR from RNA without poly A tail

Hi guys, I am new in this forum and I hope you guys can give me some suggestions regarding 3' RACE PCR. I been doing a lot of RACE PCR nowadays using Clontech. I have no problem generating the 5' RACE PCR and also getting good sequences after cloning. My problem lies in 3' RACE PCR. Since my RNA doesnt contain poly A tail, I have to use a kit to add this. Afterwards I use it directly to do 3'RACE PCR. After running usually I don't get a band or the band is too weak. I tried increasing the amount of RNA that I put in making the cDNA for 3' RACE PCR, and in a way it also increase the concentration of the cDNA and I got better bands than before. But during sequencing although its inserted, it is not properly read during sequencing. They said that after the poly A tail, the sequence appears to be smeared or something to do with enzyme slippage. can anybody suggest how to prevent this? I was able to get some sequences for my 3' RACE PCR but still a lot of the samples did not have good results. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you. (Sorry guys my story was to long^^)

Tags
pcr , poly , race , rna , tail