Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Biology Techniques Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

Cloning of large fragment

Cloning of large fragment - Molecular Biology Techniques

Cloning of large fragment - Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,111, Level: 19 Points: 1,111, Level: 19 Points: 1,111, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Cloning of large fragment

Good day.

i failed to clone a 2.2 kb gene in to a vector (about 12 kb). anybody can give me some oppinion and suggestion? below are the details

vector:
TAKARA pRI201-AN. cut with SacI, treated with T4 DNA polimerase to produce blunt ends, the cut with NdeI to product a linear vector with sticky end at one side and blunt end at another side. gel purified

insert:
PCR product amplified with Pfu dna polymerase ( blunt end), cut with NdeI at to produce stiky end at one side. ge purified

ligation:
90ng of vector and about 47ng of insert. (vector: insert =1:3)
in 20ul reaction

Transformation:
heat shock

Result:
all of the colonies i obtained are with out insert, seem like the vector ligate with another vector ( sticky end bind with sticky end, blunt end with blunt)

I really hpe somebody can help me to solve this problem.
Thank you very much.

Tags
cloning , fragment , large