Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Biology Techniques Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

Puromyci Killing curve - How to determinate the right concentration by killing curve

Puromyci Killing curve - How to determinate the right concentration by killing curve - Molecular Biology Techniques

Puromyci Killing curve - How to determinate the right concentration by killing curve - Molecular Biology Forum. Includes forums for common molecular biology techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Volunteer
Points: 1,873, Level: 26 Points: 1,873, Level: 26 Points: 1,873, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Puromyci Killing curve - How to determinate the right concentration by killing curve

Dear all,

I need to select stable transfected MCF10A by Puromycin. In order to determine the right concentration to use, I am doing a killing curve with non trasfected MCF10 A cells using Puromycin concentration at 0.125 g/ml,0.25 g/ml, 0.5 g/ml,1 g/ml and 2g/ml.I started the puromycin treatment from day2 after plating cells (the confluence is almost 60 to 70%). The 2 g/ml starts to kill cells on day2 after treatment (day4 after plating), and on day4 after treatment (day6 after plating), all of cells die. The 1 g/ml starts to kill cells on day3 after treatment (day5 after plating), and on day4 after treatment (day6 after plating), most of cells die. The 0.5g/ml starts to kill cell at the same time as 1g/ml, it just does not kill as many as cells, so on day4 after treatment (day6 after plating), the confluence is 50% (the control is more than90%). The 0.125 and 0.25 g/ml does not kill cells at all.

Which concentration do you think is safe for me to use to get stable cell line or should I do one more killing curve by using some concentrations between 0.25 and 0.5 g/ml, please?

Thanks.

Lei

Tags
concentration , curve , determinate , killing , puromyci