Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Microbiology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microbiology Forum Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

Mycobacterium culture

Mycobacterium culture - Microbiology Forum

Mycobacterium culture - Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Mycobacterium culture

hi..i am facing a problem with Mycobacterium smegmatis culture growth.I have to plot a growth curve for Mycobacterium smegmatis ,but the problem is that the bacteria starts to clump after reaching the exponential phase,which makes it difficult for me to measure its optical density.Another question ,i am working with two mycobacterial strains which have different growth rates,does anyone know how i can synchronize their growth rates?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Mycobacterium culture

Hi There,

Do you add Tween 80 to your media? It will help with the clumping issues. A 10% v/v solution can help. I am not sure about syncing the growth.

I am having my own issues with my MTB cultures

Tags
culture , mycobacterium