Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Microbiology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microbiology Forum Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

Medium Buffers, Economical for SRB

Medium Buffers, Economical for SRB - Microbiology Forum

Medium Buffers, Economical for SRB - Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Matt McMahon

Default Medium Buffers, Economical for SRB

Hello, I'm looking for economical buffers to use at pH 6, 7, and 8 for sulfate reducing bacteria media.
I'd like to avoid phosphate buffers due to their possible interference with my sulfate assay (does anyone have any experience with this).

I am familiar with Good's buffers (MES, MOPS, HEPPS, etc.) but they are very expensive at about $1/g and I am looking for cheaper alternatives as I am making media on the scale of liters per week.

Thanks,

Matt McMahon
___
Matthew McMahon, Graduate Student
Dept. Chemical Engineering, Queen's University
Kingston Ontario Canada K7L 3N6
(613) 533-6000 Ext. 75055 (Lab) 75170 (Graduate Offices)

Tags
buffers , economical , medium , srb