Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 419

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 419

Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia - Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Microbiology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microbiology Forum Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia

Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia - Microbiology Forum

Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia - Discuss Microbiology Science and Protocols here. Post questions on the study of viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria here. Microbiology Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia

Food Science Australia (a joint venture of CSIRO and the Victorian
Government) is seeking an individual with research experience in the
stochastic/fundamental modelling of biological processes, with emphasis
in mathematical models for food quality and safety. To apply, please
visit the website:
[Only registered users see links. ]

Best regards,

Dr.Silvia Estrada-Flores

Old 03-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Postdoctoral position in Food Science Australia

Dear Dr Estrada-Flores,

What a surprise browsing the web and finding there might be an opportunity in food science at CSIRO, even for an international applicant ! (?)...

I am a French citizen who have worked a few times at FSA-CSIRO North Ryde (Riverside Corporate Park, Delhi Road).
I did specialize into mathematical modellnig of food interactions, especially migration of aroma compounds through polymer packagings and I'm extremelly carefull with food quality and safety.
I guess it could be great to continue working in that area and deepen my skills within a great international team. This would be an honour : I know CSIRO is extremelly well seen in the international scientific community.
The incentive of working close to my field, and in Australia is already such a motivation I believe I could dedicate enormously of my time to any new task. It is not possible to know everything, every analytical technique, every mathematical model of course, but I'm eager to learn as well. I'm a great communicant, easy going and rather 'computer-literate' up to learning programming if I need it for instance.

Here it is 2 am, I have no time right now to go to CSIRO recruitment internet page but if you could directly write back to me at [Only registered users see links. ], I would send you my Curriculum so you can advise me on the relevance and chances to make it with your team.
Please write me at [Only registered users see links. ] and I'll answer asap.
Yours sincerely,

Dr Stéphane Fayoux
Food Industry Engineer (specialty : process)
MBA (Leicester Uni. UK and ESCEM France)
PhD Adv. Food Sci. [and molecular interactions] (UWS Hawkesbury Sydney Australia) *

PS : my CV contains a list of a few supervisors you could also contact directly in Sydney.
PS2 : I speak French, English, Spanish and can also learn more.
PS3 : the subjet of my thesis concerned the debittering of citrus juice without affecting the organoleptic quality and while trying to cope with two-ways migrations of plastizicers or other polymer compounds and food components... (to put in in a nutmeg).
PS4 : I have not managed to find a 'proper' postdoctoral position yet (this is extremelly difficult) and wishes this might become like a great startin-up point in my scientific career life...

Tags
australia , food , position , postdoctoral , science