Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Science Careers > Medical School
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Medical School Post and Discuss Medical School. Applications to med, and anything about the curriculum and becoming an M.D (medical doctor).

Research Papers and CV

Research Papers and CV - Medical School

Research Papers and CV - Post and Discuss Medical School. Applications to med, and anything about the curriculum and becoming an M.D (medical doctor).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 754, Level: 15 Points: 754, Level: 15 Points: 754, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Research Papers and CV

Hey Everyone,
I just got accepted to med. school and I'm in the process of creating my CV. I have been doing research for the last two years; 7 months in one lab and the rest in another lab. The first 7 months was spent with a post-doc who was extremely demanding and had me working nearly 80 hours a week while only getting compensated for 40. I didn't mind because I thought that I would be included as an author. To make a long story short, yesterday I did a search on PubMed for my ex-boss and they have published two papers using my data but did not include me as an author. I know there is essentially nothing I can do now (except know that person is a complete a$$). They knew that I was working for next to nothing and 50% for free so that I could get published. Can I list those papers on my CV under "Publications" explaining my contribution to the paper or would this look stupid?

Tags
papers , research