Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/)
-   Medical School (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/medical-school/)
-   -   Medical studies in California (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/medical-school/2080-medical-studies-california.html)

madhavimn 09-24-2007 07:13 PM

Medical studies in California

Hi All,

I would like to know what are the requirements for an international student to seek admissions in US medical school I am residing in California from past 2 months and would like to know what is the criteria for applying as a residential student and to public schools.

If any body has any knowledge please let me know

Thank you :)

greeneye555 09-24-2007 08:39 PM

Re: Medical studies in California

madhavimn, I sent you some links via PM. I don't have a min. of 15 posts, so I couldn't post the URLS in the forum directly.

madhavimn 10-02-2007 08:03 PM

Hi, I could not find the links. Thank you for your reply.

greeneye555 10-03-2007 02:10 PM

Ah, ok maybe you're not allowed to send links via PM either then without a minimum of 15 posts?

greeneye555 10-03-2007 02:11 PM

I reached 15! :)

Here is an article to get you started:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

And here is information from the AAMC website on admission to US Medical Schools:

Faisal 01-14-2009 01:29 PM

hi
i am faisal, would u like to guide me for my concerned problem.
i am newly immigrant to usa.previously i was student at capital medical university beijing and i passed 1 year.now as i am in usa so kindly help me out regarding my admission at any medical school at usa.i want to continue my medical carrer as fresh candidate as i know there is no facilitation of transfering my credit hours.guide me properly what should i do to get in medical school at usa.moreover,would i have to rejoin college to complete my pre med or i have to pass SAT as when i am in pakistan some one told me to pass sat test.now i am in usa so guide me properly.i will ne obliged

Faisal 01-14-2009 01:29 PM

hi
i am faisal, would u like to guide me for my concerned problem.
i am newly immigrant to usa.previously i was student at capital medical university beijing and i passed 1 year.now as i am in usa so kindly help me out regarding my admission at any medical school at usa.i want to continue my medical carrer as fresh candidate as i know there is no facilitation of transfering my credit hours.guide me properly what should i do to get in medical school at usa.moreover,would i have to rejoin college to complete my pre med or i have to pass SAT as when i am in pakistan some one told me to pass sat test.now i am in usa so guide me properly.i will ne obliged

duncklee5 04-04-2012 08:50 AM

Thanks Faisal for all your reply you described very well and above commentor named greeneye gave so useful links which helps many people.Thanks for all your efforts guys.

lolitaz 08-30-2013 09:05 AM

I appreciate this effort buddy. I would also tell you a little bit that though these guides are more useful but still a basic thing you are forgetting that you need to get good score in order to put your self in the list of eligible.