Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Proteomics Forum > Mass Spectrometry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mass Spectrometry Forum Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

MALDI-TOF end group analysis

MALDI-TOF end group analysis - Mass Spectrometry Forum

MALDI-TOF end group analysis - Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default MALDI-TOF end group analysis

Hi

I have been using MALDI-TOF to calculate the proportions of different polymers from my polymerisation. I am having difficulties trying to confirm the mass of the end groups using the relationship of Mi = Mmon*n + (Meg + Mna+)

by plotting the molecular mono isotropic mass v's degree of polymerisation. Degree of pol calculated by dividing the mono isotropic mass by the mass of the monomer unit. However when I perform the linear regression, my regression line passes pretty much through the origin and my Y-intercept (end group mass + cation mass) is a very tiny number i.e. 625E-06, when it should be around 127.

My only idea why this is going wrong is because the end group mass is bigger than monomer mass and as a result when I try and work out he degree of polymerisation it is one higher than it should be.

Also after I ran the MALDI i smoothed the results? would this effect the results?

Any help is appreciated

Tags
analysis , end , group , malditof