Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Proteomics Forum > Mass Spectrometry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mass Spectrometry Forum Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

nano LC headache

nano LC headache - Mass Spectrometry Forum

nano LC headache - Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,535, Level: 23 Points: 1,535, Level: 23 Points: 1,535, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default nano LC headache

Hello,

I'm somewhat of a newbie to mass spec, and I'm running into a bit of a problem w/ nano LC. More specifically, we're running peptide digests from control proteins through it (BSA/cyt C), and notice that nearly all of the peptides that are coming off are doing so at above 70% acetonitrile. Consequently, we're not getting the data we want.

I've replaced the C18 peptide trap, and am using a 15cm, 77┬Ám ID fused silica capillary (hand packed) column.

We know that our sample quality/quantity is not an issue, as we've had some excellent spectra from MALDI using the same samples.

That being said, does anyone have an idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tags
headache , nano