Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Proteomics Forum > Mass Spectrometry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mass Spectrometry Forum Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

problem with peak moving through chromatogram

problem with peak moving through chromatogram - Mass Spectrometry Forum

problem with peak moving through chromatogram - Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default problem with peak moving through chromatogram

Hi everyone!

I have problem that in two same analysis (same mobile phase, column ...)my standard (example melamine) has two different retention times. I'm using Thermo's MS spectrometer. Is retention time important when i use MS detector and what can be the problem about different retention time?

Thanks very much!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 134, Level: 2 Points: 134, Level: 2 Points: 134, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: problem with peak moving through chromatogram

I am not sure if this applies specifically to your applications, but I wonder if this may be due to ghost peaks or wrap-around peaks. Ghost peaks can occur when a column irreversibly binds material, and then releases small amounts the remnant with subsequent injections. Wrap-around peaks can occur when the elution conditions are not strong enough or long enough to elute an analyte, thus they come out in the following run at a specific point in the gradient.

Tags
chromatogram , moving , peak , problem