Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Proteomics Forum > Mass Spectrometry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mass Spectrometry Forum Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!!

Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!! - Mass Spectrometry Forum

Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!! - Discuss and post questions about LC-MS, Q-STAR, MALDI-TOF, and other Mass Spectrometry Questions in the Mass Spec Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 372, Level: 7 Points: 372, Level: 7 Points: 372, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!!

Hi Everyone!

I work for a company called Bioinformatics Solutions and we are the creator of PEAKS Software. You may have heard of us before as we have the top de novo sequencing algorithm on the market. Our program also includes a meta search protein ID called inChorus which can directly launch 5 db search engines within PEAKS (PEAKS, X!Tandem, OMSSA, Mascot and Sequest) and give you back all the results in one coverage report without transferring data files or leaving your computer.

We also have a tool called SPIDER which is a better than Blast-like homology search tool that can be used to increase your protein ID coverage by at least 20%, after you have completed a de novo and db search and will build the correct peptide sequence from these results.

We are compatible with all types of fragmentation and are able to combine data that has been generated using multiple types of fragmentation. PEAKS can be used with almost any instrument data and reads many RAW file formats.

Finally, PEAKS can be installed and get you data results within 20 minutes of installation. It's that easy to use!
I hope to hear from you soon,

Janine Voyer, MSc
Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Default Re: Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!!

from where can i get this software

Quote:
Originally Posted by janine View Post
Hi Everyone!

I work for a company called Bioinformatics Solutions and we are the creator of PEAKS Software. You may have heard of us before as we have the top de novo sequencing algorithm on the market. Our program also includes a meta search protein ID called inChorus which can directly launch 5 db search engines within PEAKS (PEAKS, X!Tandem, OMSSA, Mascot and Sequest) and give you back all the results in one coverage report without transferring data files or leaving your computer.

We also have a tool called SPIDER which is a better than Blast-like homology search tool that can be used to increase your protein ID coverage by at least 20%, after you have completed a de novo and db search and will build the correct peptide sequence from these results.

We are compatible with all types of fragmentation and are able to combine data that has been generated using multiple types of fragmentation. PEAKS can be used with almost any instrument data and reads many RAW file formats.

Finally, PEAKS can be installed and get you data results within 20 minutes of installation. It's that easy to use!
I hope to hear from you soon,

Janine Voyer, MSc
Old 10-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Default Re: Free 30-Day Trial of PEAKS Proteomic Software!!

Here is the PEAKS website: www(dot)bioinfor(dot)com/peaks

While I've used Peaks for the past 2 years, as she says its the only real choice for de novo, but that wasn't the reason I bought it. In my lab I do various flavors of Quant and needed something that not only took care of the identification side of things (de novo and protein id) but Quant (O18, SILAC, N-terminal, and some other really funky user defined stuff) without wasting time (like converting to various formats). Also, I can send the final results to my customers using a free add on viewing tool which they seem to like.

Tags
30day , free , peaks , proteomic , software , trial