Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Products and Vendor Discussion > Molecular Biology Products and Vendors > Lab Equipment Discussion and Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lab Equipment Discussion and Reviews Discuss, ask questions, and post reviews on Lab Equipment. PCR machines, electrophoresis, centrifuges etc.

Microtiter plates, antibiotics, bacterial MICs

Microtiter plates, antibiotics, bacterial MICs - Lab Equipment Discussion and Reviews

Microtiter plates, antibiotics, bacterial MICs - Discuss, ask questions, and post reviews on Lab Equipment. PCR machines, electrophoresis, centrifuges etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Microtiter plates, antibiotics, bacterial MICs

Hey guys, i ahve already posted this in Micorbiology but i think it might also apply here. I am busy with an experiment determining MICs for tuberculosis. I am using the MABA method and 96 well microtiter plates. The antibiotic I am using is a cationic cyclic decapeptide with a fatty acid tail. It is amphiphatic. So my question is, what type of plate should I be using for the most accurate result. In know some plates are made from PS so their walls in the wells are hydrophobic. So will this have an effect on my MICs i.e. my antibiotic might be attracted to the walls of the well? But then again maybe my cells as well? So do I get a coated plate or what type of plate? Since I am working with TB I have long incubation periods of up to a week :/ thanks for the input

Tags
antibiotics , bacterial , microtiter , mics , plates