If you don't mind answering a few questions, please respond. This is actually a very informal public survey I'm doing as one part of a research presentation for educating the public about science. The developers of transgenic mouse technology recently won a Nobel Prize, and many people first learned about it from the news coverage on their work. I will be working with public groups to answer basic questions, and it will help me to get a sense of general public opinion, concerns, questions, and understanding as I prepare my material. This is NOT the only forum I am using, only one tool of many. Thanks!
1) Do you feel you understand the basics of transgenic technology?
2) What is your highest level of education?
3) Do you think that scientists are correct when they say that the use of transgenic mice is necessary for important medical advancements?
4) How do you feel about the use of animals in research in general?
5) Do you have any concerns about transgenic technology?