Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Antibody Forum > Immunoprecipitation Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Immunoprecipitation Forum IP or Immunoprecipitation Forum.

Non-lysis of stromal and bone marrow cells for IP

Non-lysis of stromal and bone marrow cells for IP - Immunoprecipitation Forum

Non-lysis of stromal and bone marrow cells for IP - IP or Immunoprecipitation Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Non-lysis of stromal and bone marrow cells for IP

Hello,
I need to perform IP from the membrane proteins expressed on S17 and bone marrow stromal lines. I use the buffer for lysis with HEPES, NaCl, MgCl2 and 1% lubrol. I incubate this along with the cells, in the presence of protease inhibitors and PMSF, for one hour at 4 deg for lysis. But I am not able to completely dissolve all the membrane bound proteins into the lysate. The lysis is not efficient or completely failed. I have also been asked not to change the concentration of lubrol or even the detergent itself. For ex. I should not use harsher detergents like triton x-100 or SDS to lyse the cells. My colleagues get good lysis but I cannot even get it done. Please help me in solving this problem. I am in very much need of a solution.

Thanks
Prabhu

Tags
bone , cells , lysis , marrow , membrane protein , nonlysis , solubilization , stromal