Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Histology Forum > Immunofluorescence Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Immunofluorescence Forum Immunofluorescence Forum. Talk, discuss and post questions on immunofluorescence techniques including paraffin, frozen sections or cultured cells.

RSV detection by direct immunofluorescence

RSV detection by direct immunofluorescence - Immunofluorescence Forum

RSV detection by direct immunofluorescence - Immunofluorescence Forum. Talk, discuss and post questions on immunofluorescence techniques including paraffin, frozen sections or cultured cells.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thumbs down RSV detection by direct immunofluorescence

I am doing research on RSV "Respiratory syncytial virus".
I'm using fluorescent antibodies to directly detect RSV antigens in nasopharyngeal secretions. I have several problems to deal wih, hope you can help me figure them out.

1. Can I use the standard glass slides, or I have to use the type that came with the wells and is acetone resistant? What is the standard protocol here?

2. For how long could I store the slides after fixing the sample with acetone? and at what temperature? I was told slides could be stored for several months at -40 C or below?

3. What is the thickness of the coverslip to use after staining step + adding mounting medium? And is it right I should use a varnish to protect the mounting medium from leaking out from beneath the coverslip?

Your help would really be appreciated

Tags
detection , direct , immunofluorescence , rsv , slide , storage