Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Omics and Genomics Forum > Genomics Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Genomics Forum Post Genomics Questions and Discuss Genomics Here.

DHPLC: vantages; samples size; injection volume

DHPLC: vantages; samples size; injection volume - Genomics Forum

DHPLC: vantages; samples size; injection volume - Post Genomics Questions and Discuss Genomics Here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 357, Level: 7 Points: 357, Level: 7 Points: 357, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default DHPLC: vantages; samples size; injection volume

Hello everyone,

maybe I will use DHPLC for screening for mutations in CDKL5 gene. The sistem I will use is "Wave 4500" from Transgenomic company. I am trying to find wich volume each injection has, so I could see for how many injection 5 liters of buffer could be used. If any of you use this system could you please tell me?

the second point is: theres is a specific/recomended size that my PCR amplification should have? I can't find any information about that... The tecnique works with any size?
And what about the specifications for the primers used? CG %? primer size? Is there any thing?

One last thing: The company says that the buffers, once that they are opened, only have 15 days of valid conditions. My lab co-workers say that we could use it for a month but no more... I have a lot of samples to test, but if I can't do it in one month? and if I open the buffers botles first I have to do the protocol optimization..what if I take to long in this? what if is a realy hard and time-spender optimization?

I am new in this "science life" and I already have so many "what ifs" that I am almost scared

thanks a lot for reading

Fátima
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 705, Level: 14 Points: 705, Level: 14 Points: 705, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: DHPLC: vantages; samples size; injection volume

agreed with you fatima.. workin with this wave 4500 DHPLC there are many ifs iam also new to this machine i think that as this msg is of 2008 now you can help me out..

Tags
dhplc , injection , samples , size , vantages , volume