Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Science Questions and Layperson Board General Science Questions and Layperson Board

How do I set up a Watson Marlow 624U so it can pump at variable speeds w/ footswitch?

How do I set up a Watson Marlow 624U so it can pump at variable speeds w/ footswitch? - General Science Questions and Layperson Board

How do I set up a Watson Marlow 624U so it can pump at variable speeds w/ footswitch? - General Science Questions and Layperson Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default How do I set up a Watson Marlow 624U so it can pump at variable speeds w/ footswitch?

I work for a bio-pharmaceutical company that uses a Watson Marlow 624U IP 55 Washdown Peristaltic pump to fill bottles with products we make. We have been using a cheap Christmas tree footswitch to turn the pump off and on. We can never fill each bottle as close to the same amount, since you have to click the footswitch off a little before the desired graduation mark on the bottle. Sometimes we underfill or overfill the bottles, and it slows us down because we then have to pour some product in the underfilled or pour some out to get to the desired graduation mark.

I wanted to see if anyone knows where I can find the footswitch or foot pedal that might go to this model of pump, and how to set the pump to where it can pump product into bottle at different speeds, depending on how far the footswitch or foot pedal is pressed down. I have been searching for a footswitch/foot pedal with no luck, and Watson Marlow never returned my email in which I asked them what would be the correct name of the (hopefully used).

Tags
624u , foot pedal , footswitch , marlow , peristaltic , pump , set , speeds , variable , w or , watson