Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Science Questions and Layperson Board General Science Questions and Layperson Board

problem with transfer and western blotting of BN-PAGE

problem with transfer and western blotting of BN-PAGE - General Science Questions and Layperson Board

problem with transfer and western blotting of BN-PAGE - General Science Questions and Layperson Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default problem with transfer and western blotting of BN-PAGE

Hello there,
Im trying to do BN-PAGE followed by western of the same on to PVDF. In my first experiment I ran only native markers(10% resolving gel) and stained the gel with coomassie and I can see the various markers clearly. Now when Im running my samples followed by western transfer on PVDF, I dont see clear bands with Ponceau on the PVDF. Anyway I proceeded with the blot and I see hazy background on my x-ray sheet apart from some bands.
I want to know why this is happening. After transfer I wash the membrane with methanol to remove G250 coming from BN-gel, later give washes for 15 minutes with TBST before adding 5% blotto. Please let me know what can be the reason for the hazy background.

Tags
blotting , bnpage , problem , transfer , western