Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Regional Molecular Biology Discussion > Forum Biologia
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Biologia Forum Scienza Biologia. Italian Biology Forum.

Stodge-Blog

Stodge-Blog - Forum Biologia

Stodge-Blog - Forum Scienza Biologia. Italian Biology Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Stodge-Blog

Stodge-Blog
MTBO – training, racing and views of Mark Stodgell
Straight away I’ll point out this is a bit of a strange posting as I retired, so for a deviate the map below is my 6 yr old daughters yellow course…..
The mist cleared as we headed down the M5 to Malvern for the National Interclubs – Compass Sport Cup qualifier, held on Worcestershire Beacon. I had a very early start and after a quick bus ride to the start area, a very steep climb brought an exposed start area and cold hands. I started ok but after 4 controls of contouring my old right foot injury started to hurt, so much so it was also distractivitying me and I abnormale a couple of daft mistakes. Knowing there was good representation from other club members on the Brown course and I still had most of the procedure ahead of me I decided to retire and jogged back to the accomplish.? I then shadeed Holly round her Yellow cdistance which enabled me to?enjoy the awesome scenes to the East and West from this ridge.
Retiring is alsteps something arduous to do, fractionicularly when representing the club but I could not risk another long term foot injury. With some good results under my belt in foot orienteering recently I was being tempted to do more and more?but I have decided to reign in the running and get back to the bike which has to remain my core focus this year.
Unfortunatley Chasers did not qualify in the conclusion but hopefully the new crop of very young juniors will start to come through over the coming years and we will regain our strength in depth.

Tags
stodgeblog