Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study An Epigenetics Forum Dealing with DNA Methylation, the study of histones and chromatin

Methylome Reverse Lookup?

Methylome Reverse Lookup? - Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study

Methylome Reverse Lookup? - An Epigenetics Forum Dealing with DNA Methylation, the study of histones and chromatin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Methylome Reverse Lookup?

Hello!
I've found a number of tools that allow you to enter a gene, chromosome, etc and look at the methylated sites in that spot. However, I need to enter a sequence and search the mouse genome to see when that sequence shows up, how often it's methylated. So, if I entered "GATTACA" It would search the genome for that sequence and show me when the C in it is found to be methylated.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks!