Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study An Epigenetics Forum Dealing with DNA Methylation, the study of histones and chromatin

Histone lysine methylation

Histone lysine methylation - Epigenetics Forum: DNA Methylation, Histone and Chromatin Study

Histone lysine methylation - An Epigenetics Forum Dealing with DNA Methylation, the study of histones and chromatin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,124, Level: 19 Points: 1,124, Level: 19 Points: 1,124, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Histone lysine methylation

Hello,
I'd like to study the chromatin state at a promoter. I'm planning to do a ChIP using histone H3 antibodies, then a Taqman quantification with probe specific of my promoter of interest.
I want to use H3me3K4 to check the open state, but I'm kinda lost between using either H3me3K9 or H3me3K27 for repressed chromatin. I didn't find any previous papers where the authors have used either of them at this particular promoter. Which one might be a better marker of repressed chromatin ?
Thanks for your help.

Tags
histone , lysine , methylation