LOW STAND SYSTEM TRACT-BASIN FLOOR FAN COMPLEX
CHARACTERISTIC LOG RESPONSE
* Hemipelagic shale or channel/overbank apron facies above boundary.
* Sharp boundary with minimal transition.
* Turbidite sands.
- Amalgamated massive turbidite sands.
- Unamalgamated massive turbidite sands with shale breaks.
- Minor erosional surfaces within sand.
- Commonly a major erosional surface at top of fan.
- May be remnant fan mounds.
* Redeposited massive shingled sands bordering fan mounds.
* Contourite sands.
- Redeposited massive sands in separate mounds.
* Massive sand above hemipelagic shale (Railroad track shale)
* Sharp boundary.
* No erosion at base except sometimes at proximal portion of fan.