Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > ELISA Assay Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ELISA Assay Forum ELISA Forum. Discuss and post questions including optimization, troubleshooting, protocols and theory of ELISA assays using monoclonal, and polyclonal antibodies or peptides.

Can anyone advise me please asap

Can anyone advise me please asap - ELISA Assay Forum

Can anyone advise me please asap - ELISA Forum. Discuss and post questions including optimization, troubleshooting, protocols and theory of ELISA assays using monoclonal, and polyclonal antibodies or peptides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Can anyone advise me please asap

Hi all,

New to this forum and must stress I am new to the world of ELSIA as will become evident to all readers from the following question I am about to send out to any experts in this field of analysis:

I carried out an assay on standards of a kit (not sure what level of detail I can submit here on this forum in relation to commercial kits).

My problem is that the absorbance readings I got on two consecutive assay runs of spiked tap water samples are higher than the ODs of the standard curve.

would anyone be kind enough to allow me to pm my excel file to them to have a second look at please...time is really against me as the data is a major component of my thesis.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Volunteer
Points: 1,621, Level: 24 Points: 1,621, Level: 24 Points: 1,621, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Can anyone advise me please asap

with more details of the experimental set up, the kit used, and the analyte, it might be possible to help in some way. Why are you spiking into tap water? Is the analyte usually found in tap water?

Tags
advise , asap