Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > ELISA Assay Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ELISA Assay Forum ELISA Forum. Discuss and post questions including optimization, troubleshooting, protocols and theory of ELISA assays using monoclonal, and polyclonal antibodies or peptides.

Scoring an ELISA

Scoring an ELISA - ELISA Assay Forum

Scoring an ELISA - ELISA Forum. Discuss and post questions including optimization, troubleshooting, protocols and theory of ELISA assays using monoclonal, and polyclonal antibodies or peptides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Scoring an ELISA

I've been detecting the presence of an enzyme in plasma using an adapted ELISA protocol with a positive control from pooled patient samples. The assay works great and I've got some good results however I would like some help in interpreting them and scoring them in effect. I presume that you go off the titre or end point i.e. how many times the sample is diluted before the 'signal' or colour disappears. So I have the end point for the positive control and then end point for an unkown sample but when can I say for instance that a sample is negative or positive for the enzyme? Do you compare the titres of the control and sample directly to produce a ratio or is there a sort of 'standard' titre which you say make the sample positive for your protein??

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Last edited by nickcoe; 04-15-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Tags
elisa , scoring