Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > DNA Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DNA Techniques Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification - DNA Techniques

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification - Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 748, Level: 14 Points: 748, Level: 14 Points: 748, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default (LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification

I'm a student working on a project regarding LAMP. Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) is a novel technique to amplify nucleic acids under isothermal condition. But so far i haven't been able to produce a positive amplification reaction.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with LAMP using Bst polymerase to amplify DNA?

I know that primer design is a crucial factor in LAMP, but my primer were made using the default parameters. (primerexplorer.jp/e site is now down prob because of the Japan disaster)

Any feedback is highly appreciated
Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Pipette Filler

Default Re: (LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification

Been working on my LAMP amplification project. Getting positive results, amplification is much faster that PCR.

The 4 primer that are needed for a positive LAMP amplification produce Loop's of DNA, witch is hard to explain but if you watch an animation of the proces it gets clearer. Made a animation in powerpoint and uploaded it to youtube

Thought some of you might be interrested:

[Only registered users see links. ]

Any feedback still is highly appreciated
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nickdn For This Useful Post:
biotech51 (04-14-2014), Deldou (07-17-2014), shailbio (09-19-2013)
Old 04-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Great animation!! Thanks for sharing it
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32

I am also working on a lamp process. Did not get results with 4 primers so moved onto the 6 primer protocol and got excellent results with calcein, HNB and Mn added. Now I keep getting positive results on everything. Have remade the buffers etc with no results. Cannot think of any contamination source. Have you guys had the same problem at any point in your work?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Pipette Filler

I've had the same problem. 4 primers didn't work, than did a redesign with different software (LAMP designer) that included the two extra loop primers. Worked great for a while. But after a view days all my reaction came back positive. We figured it had something to do with cross contamination or room contamination. Because we use the same target day in, day out and we need to open reaction tubes after amplification. Then switched to Q-LAMP, with real time fluorescence reading on FAM channel. Never had to open reaction tubes after amplification. The false positive readings faded.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Hello there! I am also working with LAMP and have a question about the primer design software (primerexplorer.jp/e). I am able to open it, run it, and generate primers. However, when I click to display the primers, it never displays them. Does anyone have suggestions how to solve this problem?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Hello there! I am also working with the LAMP primer design software. It opens and runs fine, but when I try to "Display" primers, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Pipette Filler

I've got the same problem. But "display primer" button is suppose to show you the 5 most successful primer sets. If you want to export the primer information of only the most successful primer there a "export primer" button. You can save all the primer information in an Exel spreadsheet.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Pipette Filler

@LAMP
just realized you a using different software. But i also encountered the problem you are having with PrimerExplorer V4. The problem is the version of JAVA you are using. I never found the right JAVA. That's why I switched to "LAMP designer" software from OptiGene. It's way more user friendly.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32

Take note that the final primers can only see on older versions of Windows (see below0 I had to find an non updated computer to use the program. In addition see that you do not have any firewall or popup protection that may interfere

OS Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP
*Linux, Solaris, Macintosh and other operating systems will be sequentially applicable in the future .
CPU Pentium III or higher, or Celeron with processing capabilities of more than 500MHz
Memory Windows98SE/Me :128MB or higher
Browser Windows2000/XP :192MB or higher
Recommended
Environments Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
Since the calculation will be done on users' computers, the PC specifications above are recommended. If the PC requirements are not met, it might cause serious lags and bad performance.

Tags
amplificaion , amplification , dna , isothermal , lamp , loopmediated , primer design , problems