Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > DNA Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DNA Techniques Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification - DNA Techniques

(LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification - Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: (LAMP) Problems with Loop-mediated isothermal amplification

I have some problem with LAMP reaction.
I've carried out LAMP reaction with HNB and Calcein/ MnCl2 but they were unexpected results.

With HNB, when I did not add HNB to the reaction, it occur certainly with serial bands in Agarose gel. But when adding HNB, the reactions had not happened. the component of both reaction is the same. Did HNB inhibit the reaction ??

With calcein/MnCl2, nothing were observed.

Can you help me to explain ?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,309, Level: 21 Points: 1,309, Level: 21 Points: 1,309, Level: 21

Hello!

HNB at a final concentration of 120 uM is consistently reported to have no inhibiting effect on the LAMP assay. You should try to repeat the assay with this concentration doing two variations of a MgSO4 gradient: one with HNB at 120 uM and one without. Prepare the master mix for both experiments together, then divide it out.

I'm also working on a LAMP assay and here is my problem: no ladder banding has been observed so far, however I am picking up a single band at around 4.5k in all of my positives.

I blasted all combinations of primers on NCBI and found that a potential product of the F1c and B1c ends of FIP and BIP respectively could produce a product of 4.5k in length.

Any ideas of what could be going on? Is it possible that my primer ratio (1:4 outer:inner) is simply not optimized?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 237, Level: 4 Points: 237, Level: 4 Points: 237, Level: 4

Thank you.

Again, what the different between calcein and calcein AM? Could LAMP use both?

Is there any protocol for calcein and HNB preparation?
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingchair View Post
Hello!

HNB at a final concentration of 120 uM is consistently reported to have no inhibiting effect on the LAMP assay. You should try to repeat the assay with this concentration doing two variations of a MgSO4 gradient: one with HNB at 120 uM and one without. Prepare the master mix for both experiments together, then divide it out.

I'm also working on a LAMP assay and here is my problem: no ladder banding has been observed so far, however I am picking up a single band at around 4.5k in all of my positives.

I blasted all combinations of primers on NCBI and found that a potential product of the F1c and B1c ends of FIP and BIP respectively could produce a product of 4.5k in length.

Any ideas of what could be going on? Is it possible that my primer ratio (1:4 outer:inner) is simply not optimized?

Thanks
@ Sitting chair:
I found something similar in my reactions (~4.5 kb band instead of ladder product) , I diluted gDNA template (only, w/o lamp reagents) as it was used in reaction (3 in 22l) and loaded it onto gel- in my case the band seems so come from template, however.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingchair View Post
Hello!

Thanks
For me it workes most of the cases when I melt template and primers together and THEN add LAMP reagents, which is of course not favourable, but you can try at least 90C for 5min, cool and add reagents
I am using the same Outer: Inner Primer ratio of 1:4.
Sometimes I get great ladder pattern, repeated another day it's just DNA smear on the gel
Old 07-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Hello!

I am a student doing a thesis on LAMP assay for detecting MTB. I am curre tly having problems. I am having a lot of false positive results, like yesterday I ran 10 samples and all them were positive but my negative control was negative. Same is true for my previous lamp assays. Almost half were positive but my negative control always remains negative. Is it a contamination? but i pipette my negative control last. If it was a contamination wouldnt the negative control also be positive?
Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32 Points: 2,493, Level: 32

1. Contamination should always be ruled out. Clean everything with 10% household bleach (3,5%) and try again.
2. If your negative control is molecular grade water try using DNA that is similar to your target DNA put does not contain the amplicon which you are looking for. See if this negative control turns positive...... this means that you are miss priming.
3. Poor primer design which results in primer self amplification is the most possible reason for false positives. Check and recheck the interaction of the primers with each other. You can do this by RealTime with sybrgreen.

Good Luck

Tags
amplificaion , amplification , dna , isothermal , lamp , loopmediated , primer design , problems