Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > DNA Techniques
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DNA Techniques Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

DNA cleavage??

DNA cleavage?? - DNA Techniques

DNA cleavage?? - Post questions and discuss DNA techniques and protocols such as DNA extraction, PCR, and the study of DNA-binding proteins.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,100, Level: 28 Points: 2,100, Level: 28 Points: 2,100, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default DNA cleavage??

Dear all,

Hi, I have a question which i think i need some advice from you all. Thanks at the very beginning. The question is as below:

For the UV-Vis absorption of monomer and double-stranded helical DNA, the latter has a lower absorbance compared to the monnomer. So, if the absorbance of metal complex-DNA solution is higher than the DNA solution and metal complex solution itself (the concentration of metal complex is the same for the three experiments; the DNA is double-stranded calf thymus DNA), can i deduce that the addition of metal complex to the DNA solution cause the cleavage of the biopolymers? What are the methods recommended for the confirmation of the hypothesis? Thanks.. :>

Tags
cleavage , dna