|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|DNA Forum Discuss DNA, the molecule of hereditary. Topics include DNA structure, DNA replication, DNA function.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
GC content partly predicted 2 or more RNA polymerases in eukaryotes??
I'm reading in my molecular biology book by Robert Weaver, reading about the eukaryot RNA polymerase. This is a book which uses a fair amount of its time on the experiments which lead to the knowledge presented. It starts out with 3 reasons for why there probably should be at least 2 RNA polymerase:
(and we all know that there is 3 nuclear RNA polymerases, at least that is what I'm told )
"...(1) They have a different base composition from that of other nuclear genes. For example, rat rRNA genes have a GC content of 60%, but the rest of the DNA has a GC content of 40 %"
the two others are that the rRNA genes is unusually repetitive and that they are in different compartments (nucleolus and nucleoplasm).
I'm not sure I understand why the different GC content lead to believe that there are more than one RNA polymerase. Is it because the different polymerases are optimized for different GC content (although I don't know how that mechanism would work, I would love to know it) or something completely different?
Hope you can help me
Re: GC content partly predicted 2 or more RNA polymerases in eukaryotes??
Hope u can find what u want...
wish all the best to ur new book
|content , eukaryotes , partly , polymerases , predicted , rna|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cecità congenita e sogno||Aleph||Forum Biologia||53||11-06-2006 02:03 PM|
|Human Cytome Project - A framework for cytome exploration - Update 19 April 2005||Peter Van Osta||Cell Biology and Cell Culture||0||04-19-2005 07:16 AM|
|A framework for cytome exploration||Peter Van Osta||Cell Biology and Cell Culture||0||03-14-2005 01:33 PM|
|A framework for cytome exploration - update 8 Feb. 2005||Peter Van Osta||Cell Biology and Cell Culture||0||02-08-2005 07:50 AM|