Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum > DNA Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DNA Forum Discuss DNA, the molecule of hereditary. Topics include DNA structure, DNA replication, DNA function.

DNA extraction from mouse tail

DNA extraction from mouse tail - DNA Forum

DNA extraction from mouse tail - Discuss DNA, the molecule of hereditary. Topics include DNA structure, DNA replication, DNA function.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default DNA extraction from mouse tail

Recently I've doing DNA extraction from mouse tail. But there are two steps in the protocol that i would like to clarify. During the precipitation of the protein and other debrises of the cell using the NaCl, what will happpen if we happen to vorteks too much of the eppendorf tube? I happened to vorteks the tube for 15 min. After that realising maybe that would be not enough to mix the Nacl with the content in the tube i vorteks again for around 5 minutes more, does this has any effect on the DNA that I will be getting? Please do advice.

On the last step in the protocol, the DNA pellet need to be resuspended in DNAse & RNAse free water. Does the word resuspended mean mix the DNA pellet with the water or just put in water into the tube without mixing using the pipet?Please do advice?

Today I'll be doing the PCR, just worried whether i have extracted the DNA or not on the previous day.

Thank you

Tags
dna , dna extraction , extraction , mouse , tail