Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum > DNA Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DNA Forum Discuss DNA, the molecule of hereditary. Topics include DNA structure, DNA replication, DNA function.

(Evolution) Earth-DNA?

(Evolution) Earth-DNA? - DNA Forum

(Evolution) Earth-DNA? - Discuss DNA, the molecule of hereditary. Topics include DNA structure, DNA replication, DNA function.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,328, Level: 21 Points: 1,328, Level: 21 Points: 1,328, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If you operate on the theory of the "Big Bang". You still leave room for the spark which I think we would both agree is God.

Evolutionists see the evolution of man yet still cannot answer what or where did the first piece of matter that we evolved from- come from. So there is still room for God.

Each comes to an understanding of life in their own way but the mystery of how we evolved leaves room for us all to ponder the wonder that is man. Most feel they can interpret the Bible. That we do not need to believe in a strictly literal interpretation that opens the hearts and minds to think what the Bible and God means to us all.

God Bless
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Pipette Filler

How come you religious guys find it so hard to understand evolution when there is so much evidence of it, but you can believe that some sort of "god" could hokus-pokus the whole thing into being. Talk about superstition !!!
I'm sure glad that you have faith in your "god" and may he bless your ah-soul.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Pipette Filler

Evolution does not discuss the origins of the universe, it merely describes the development and change and mechanism thereof of living beings over time. What can we not explain about DNA? I can explain anything you want me to, I am a Biologist and wouldn't mind helping you understand DNA or evolution. Science has never said anything about the existence or lack thereof of a god or gods. It seems that you don't eally understand evolution, the Big Bang, abiogenesis, or even the basics of scientific investigation. I have not faith or belief, but knowledge. I know that living things have and do evolve. I know what DNA is made of and how it works. I know how the biology and chemistry works and how live coul have been born from organic chemicals. It isn't belief, once you understand the science, there is no need for faith, just like you don't have faith that there is a sun, you know its there, you don't have faith that if you cook hamburger it will turn from red to grey or brown, you know it.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Pipette Filler

We know how and when the earth was created, and there is no reason to believe that god had anything to do with it as the entire process proceeded according to known laws of physics. We know that existing life derived from evolution of earlier life; we have names, dates, and places, as well as proof that the theory is correct. We do not yet know how life actually started on the planet, although we do know that it was not long after the earth formed. We do know that there was a lot of life around by 2.7 billion years ago, as it was then that photosynthesis turned the CO2 atmosphere into the oxygen atmosphere that has prevailed ever since. The real problem with trying to introduce any theory of god into this is that it leads to no possible predictions; hence, it is useless to do so. It is not necessary to have faith in any of this, and indeed it is counterproductive to do so: all of this is based on evidence, which anyone is free to examine should one care to take the trouble to do so.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Pipette Filler

The age of the universe is since the big bang. What happens is the universe gets so big that the gravitational pull causes it to collapse in on itself and create a super-dense matter and energy. This it turn explodes and throws all that matter and energy outward (where we are at now). Eventually it get too big again and it all starts over. It is thought that this has gone on forever and will go on forever. The dating of the earth is when the earth, in it's somewhat present form, found itself in orbit around the sun. The age of the universe is since the big bang.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
M.D/Ph.D
Points: 4,149, Level: 43 Points: 4,149, Level: 43 Points: 4,149, Level: 43

Angry Re: (Evolution) Earth-DNA?

Men are selfish creatures. We believe that we can explain everything and every single man wants to be followed by others. Science is the way man invented to avoid believing in another man's unproved ideas. Is a neutral point of view, based only in facts.

God didn't create us, we created God. It, as well as science, is a man invention. It is our way to escape, our way to explain the unexplicable, the way to stop fearing the unknow. Nothing more.

I believe in God and I aknowledge its importance, but I can't stand people who refuse the FACTS science provide us with and give God the credit for what nature or physic or another entity did. Either ignorance or stubborness is wrong.

In conclusion: Science = observation = facts , God = belief = myths
Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 102, Level: 2 Points: 102, Level: 2 Points: 102, Level: 2

Default Re: (Evolution) Earth-DNA?

nice and informative article.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
M.D/Ph.D
Points: 4,149, Level: 43 Points: 4,149, Level: 43 Points: 4,149, Level: 43

Default Re: (Evolution) Earth-DNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisillo View Post
Men are selfish creatures. We believe that we can explain everything and every single man wants to be followed by others. Science is the way man invented to avoid believing in another man's unproved ideas. Is a neutral point of view, based only in facts.

God didn't create us, we created God. It, as well as science, is a man invention. It is our way to escape, our way to explain the unexplicable, the way to stop fearing the unknow. Nothing more.

I believe in God and I aknowledge its importance, but I can't stand people who refuse the FACTS science provide us with and give God the credit for what nature or physic or another entity did. Either ignorance or stubborness is wrong.

In conclusion: Science = observation = facts , God = belief = myths
What a nice way to finish this discussion. Damn, I'm cruel!! Hahaha

Tags
earthdna , evolution