post doc inquiry
Dear Crystallography Professors,
I'm seriously thinking to switch from NMR to crystallography because I firmly believe that a combination of NMR and crystallography is the only way that structural biology can advance speedily as they complement each other. I graduated from the University of Michigan under Pr Erik Zuiderweg while doing multidimensional NMR. My CV is attached to this message.
Thank you for reading and I hope that you will give a chance to develop a career in crystallography.
Aikaterini Rousaki, Institut für Organische Chemie und Chemische Biologie, Zentrum für Biomolekulare Magnetische Resonanz, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, Max-von-Laue-Strasse 7 N160-3.14 D-60438 Frankfurt am Main. tel: ++49 69 7982 9130 e-mail: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Post Doctoral Fellow, Institut für Organische Chemie und Chemische Biologie Zentrum für Biomolekulare Magnetische Resonanz, Goethe-Universität
• Designing and conducting research projects related to retinal binding membrane proteins.
• Processing and analyzing multidimensional NMR data.
• Protein expression and purification.
Education and training
1)Post-doctoral Fellow, Institut für Organische Chemie und Chemische Biologie Zentrum für Biomolekulare Magnetische Resonanz, Goethe-Universität
2) Ph.D., Biophysics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA 2006-2011
3) M. Sc., Applied Molecular Spectroscopy, School of Sciences and Engineering University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece Institute of electronic structure and laser (IESL) Foundation of Research and Technology, Heraklion, Greece 2002-2004
4) B. Sc., Chemistry, School of Sciences and Engineering, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece 1998-2002
5) Laboratory Research Assistant, Biophysics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan,USA 2005-2006
￼• General Chemistry Laboratory assistant, Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
• Physical Chemistry Laboratory assistant, Chemistry, University of Crete, Heraklion
Human Hsp70s and their interactions with various drugs. Molecular Chaperones and Stress Responses Rousaki A., Bertelsen E., Zuiderweg ERP., April 2008, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Mortalin: The mtHsp70 first TROSY spectrum. Shifts upon titration of various compounds. Rousaki A., Bertelsen E., Zuiderweg ERP., Midwest Protein Folding, May 2008, University of Notre Dame
The interaction of Hsp70 Chaperones with various drugs as studied by NMR and AUTODOCK. Rousaki A., Zuiderweg ERP., From Computational Biophysics to Systems Biology, June 2010, Traverse City
Hsp70s and their interactions with various drugs. An insight to the mechanism of interaction. Rousaki A., Miyata Y., Gestiwicki J., Zuiderweg ERP. Chemical Biology Retreat, August 2010, Northern Michigan Retreat
Allosteric drugs, Hsc70 and Alzheimers, Rousaki A., Miyata Y., Dickey C., Gestwicki J., Zuiderweg ERP. Chemical biology Recruitment meeting, January 2011, Ann Arbor
Chemical manipulation of hsp70 ATPase activity regulates tau stability. Jinwal UK, Miyata Y, Koren J 3rd, Jones JR, Trotter JH, Chang L, O'Leary J, Morgan D, Lee DC, Shults CL, Rousaki A, Weeber EJ, Zuiderweg ER, Gestwicki JE, Dickey CA. J Neurosci. 2009 Sep 30;29(39):12079‐88.
SAGA: rapid automatic mainchain NMR assignment for large proteins. Crippen GM, Rousaki A, Revington M, Zhang Y, Zuiderweg ER. J Biomol NMR. 2010 Apr;46(4):281‐98. Epub 2010 Mar 16.
Allosteric drugs: the interaction of anti‐tumor compound MKT‐077 with human Hsp70 chaperones Rousaki A., Miyata Y. , Jinwal U. K. , Dickey C.A. , Gestwicki J.E. , and Zuiderweg E.R.P., J Mol Biol 2011 Aug 19; 411 (3): 614-632.
Gradient‐enhanced TROSY described with Cartesian Product Operators Zuiderweg E. R. P. and Rousaki A. , Concept Magn Reson A 2011 Nov 38A (6), 280-288.
Allostery in the Hsp70 chaperone proteins. Zuiderweg E.R.P. , Bertelsen E.B., Rousaki A. Mayer M. P. , Gestwicki J. E. and Ahmad A. Topics in Current Chemistry: Molecular Chaperones (Ed. Sophie Jackson) (Springer) Accepted
Talks in Conferences
• The interaction of the antitumor compound MKT-077 with human Hsp70 chaperones. The 16thAnnual Midwest Stress Response and Molecular Chaperone Meeting January 15th 2011, Northwestern University
• Interaction of Hsc70 with methylene blue, an Alzheimer inhibiting drug: Biochem Summer Meeting, Chemical Biology Department September 28th 2009, University of Michigan
• Operating systems: Unix, Macintosh, Windows (Office)
• Specialized software : Origin, Sparky, NmrPipe , Endnote, Autodock
• Greek: Native speaker
• English: Cambridge and Michigan Proficiency diplomas, PhD holder from the University of Michigan.
• German: Grundstufe Deutsch Zertifikat, Goethe Institute
Erik Zuiderweg, Professor Department of Biological Chemistry University of Michigan [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Jason Gestwicky, Assistant Professor Department of Pathology, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Stavros Farantos Professor Department of Chemistry, University of Crete
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Fytas George, Professor Department of Materials Science, University of Crete [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Re: post doc inquiry
Our online based course is the best help you can find for that dream airport jobs or airline job as a passenger service agent or ground staff.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Molecular Station | All Rights Reserved