Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Chit Chat
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone got any experiences with mold problem?

Anyone got any experiences with mold problem? - Chit Chat

Anyone got any experiences with mold problem? -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Anyone got any experiences with mold problem?

I have suspicion of mold in my basement but no proof yet. Thinking of getting it tested though.

With the recent heat wave ,I went to seek cool shelter in my basement as in years past and have not recalled problem until this year though.

And I have slept in the basement due to cooler temperature in years past without ever noticing problems. It had always been a good heat shelter for it.

But things were different this year. I started noticing nasal congestion and coldness in my throat. And I wasnít sleeping very well either and my cognitive abilities seemed compromised as well. I had always been coffee drinker and thatís always boosted me right. But something seemed to be compromising me down there. Things seem to be starting to return to normal after relocating my activaties upstairs on first floor.

Even with regular ventilation (opening windows),it still hasnít been doing it. And I also noticed a new foul smell around my pervious basement station as well.

My cat seems fine so far in the basement but seeing as how animals are different and have stronger immunity than humans, Iím not that surprised.

Anyone have similar stories?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Default Re: Anyone got any experiences with mold problem?

No i don't have any experianced with it
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Default Re: Anyone got any experiences with mold problem?

I have had sickness with black mold sounds familiar. and also had urinary infections from it. it was in a shower wall and when I stopped using that bathroom and after a lot of antibiotics it subsided. I think something was damaged in my system because of it so if that is what your thinking don't go there no more than you absolutely halft to or get it taken cair of if possible. long term exposure can mess things up in ya . look up some of mold exposure symptoms on net .

Tags
experiences , mold , problem