|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Permanent Position Job Opportunity on Hybridoma Technology
This is Kamal, from Makroscientific. We are looking for a Scientist having experience on Hybridoma Technology for one of our top-notch pharmaceutical company in New York. Should have 2 years of experience with a recent PhD or 6 years of experience with MS degree in relevant field.
Please contact with your updated resume and desired salary
Re: Permanent Position Job Opportunity on Hybridoma Technology
I have good experience in hybridoma technology and have raised monoclonal antibodies to thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). These antibodies have been used to develop ELISA and immunoradiometric assay to TSH. I am attaching my resume herewith.
Name: Shubhangi M. Mirapurkar, Ph.D.
Address: 18, Safalya, Nath Pai Nagar, Ghatkopar (East), Mumbai- 400 077 INDIA.
Telephone Number: 91- 22-25067505
E-mail: [Only registered users see links. ]
• DEGREES AWARDED
• PhD in Life Sciences (2008) BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre), University of Mumbai, India.
• MSc in Chemistry (1989) BARC, University of Mumbai, India.
• BSc in Microbiology (1985) Ruia College, University of Mumbai, India.
Scientific Officer (November 1985 – Present) at BARC, Mumbai, India.
Development of indigenous radioimmunoassay kits for thyroid and protein hormones and their commercial supply to various hospitals in India.
131I labeling of indigenously extracted Vitamin B12 and its supply to France for research purpose.
Setting, managing the hybridoma laboratory and generation of monoclonal antibodies.
Worked as part of the team for conducting Radioimmunoassay courses for physicians and technical experts.
Presently working as part of a team on collaborative project between BARC and Peregrine Pharmaceuticals LTD, USA for the 131I labeling of monoclonal antibodies to brain tumor and using this for clinical trials in India.
General skills in research project management and data analysis.
• Radiolabeling of proteins and purification.using gel chromatography or TLC
• Generation of monoclonal antibodies by hybridoma technique which includes animal handling, immunization, aseptic propagation of various cell lines, fusion between myeloma cell line and immunized spleen cells, .propagation of clones secreting required antibody, .generation of substantial concentration of antibodies through ascitic fluid or biofermentors, isotyping of the secreted antibody, purification of antibody using affinity chromatography etc.
• Development of various immunoassays and their quality control parameters.
Cambridge, “Leading Scientists of the World 2008”
• Literary skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Ref Works.
• Literature search: PubMed, Windows Internet Explorer and Netscape.
• “Studies on raising monoclonal antibodies and their use in immunoassays.”
Ph.D. Thesis, University of Mumbai, BARC, Mumbai, India.
• “Investigations of Immunological methods of Hormone Analysis.”
M.Sc Thesis, University of Mumbai, BARC, Mumbai, India.
1) Development of Radioimmunoassay of Triiodothyronine (T3) using magnetized
cellulose. S.M.Mirapurkar, N.Jyotsna and N.Sivaprasad. Indian Journal of
Nuclear Medicine (IJNM), Vol.14, No.3, 280-283, 1999.
2) Radioiodination of recombinant human growth hormone and its use in
radioimmunoassay. T.K.Karir, S.M.Mirapurkar, N.Jyotsna and N.Sivaprasad.
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry Vol.240, No.1, 343-347,
3) Polyreactivity of monoclonal antibodies produced against thyroid stimulating
hormone (hTSH). S.Mirapurkar, U.H.Nagvekar and N.Sivaprasad. Journal of
Immunoassay and Immunochemistry, Vol.28, No.2, 119-126, 2007.
4) Solid phase Immunoradiometric assays for human thyroid stimulating hormone. Shubhangi Mirapurkar, G.Samuel, U.H.Nagvekar and N.Sivaprasad. Indian Journal of Radiation Research, Vol.4, No.2, 88-97, 2007.
Published abstracts presented in symposia
1) S.M.Mirapurkar “Development and characterization of monoclonal antibodies
against human thyroid stimulating hormone”, Presented in the Annual
Conference of Indian Immunology in 1994.
2) S.M.Mirapurkar “Development and characterization of monoclonal antibodies
against human thyroid stimulating hormone: Detection of TSH expression in
human lymphocyte”, Presented in the annual conference and symposium on
cancer immunology in 2000.
3) S.M.Mirapurkar “Development of solid phase radioimmunoassay for the
determination of total thyroxine (T4) based on anti-T4 antibody coated tube
method”, Presented at the Annual conference of Association of Clinical
Biochemists of India in 2001.
4) S.Mirapurkar “Polyreactivity of TSH monoclonal antibody” Presented at the Annual
conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India in 2004.
5) Shubhangi Mirapurkar “Development of solid-phase immunoradiometric assay based on coated tubes for determination of anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies (anti-TPO) in human serum samples” Presented Annual Conference of Indian Immunology in 2005.
6) Shubhangi Mirapurkar “Development of immunoenzymometric assay (IEMA) for human thyroid stimulating hormone” Presented Annual Conference of Indian Immunology in 2005.
I enjoy current affairs, traveling and listening to music.
Dr. N. Sivaprasad, (PhD supervisor)
Senior General Manager, BRIT/BARC
Turbhe, Vashi Complex, Sector 20
Navi Mumbai – 400705, India
-----Telephone No. :91-22-27887200
-----E-mail: [Only registered users see links. ]
Dr. Grace Samuel
Deputy General Manager, BRIT/BARC
Department of Radiopharmaceuticals
Turbhe, Vashi Complex, Sector 20
Navi Mumbai – 400705, India
-----Telephone No.: 91-22-25595371
Division of Physical and Chemical Sciences
International Atomic Energy Agency
P.O. Box 100
Wagramer Strasse 5
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Telephone No. (+43 1) 2600 21746
|employment , hybridoma , job , job opportunity , opportunity , permanent , position , technology|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Science and Technology Policy Opportunity for Graduate Students andPost-Docs||Joanna Friesner||Arabidopsis and Plant Biology||0||09-02-2006 07:21 PM|
|Permanent Position in Soybean Genomics||Roger Wise||Arabidopsis and Plant Biology||0||07-19-2005 07:23 PM|
|Permanent Research Position in Performance Plants||Dr. Yafan Huang||Arabidopsis and Plant Biology||0||02-12-2005 06:03 PM|
|Permanent Position in Plant Functional Genomics||Roger Wise||Arabidopsis and Plant Biology||0||02-10-2005 04:01 PM|
|Permanent Position in Plant Functional Genomics||Roger Wise||Arabidopsis and Plant Biology||0||01-25-2005 05:19 PM|