Hey i have a few chemistry questions that i dont really understand..please help thanks
TRUE OR FALSE..
1.unsaturated oils can be detected by bromine water turning from orange to blue.
2. Solid fats tend to be solids at room temperature
3. Emulsions are mixtures of liquids
4. The word immiscible means the same as insoluble
5. Milk is an emulsion of fats and water
6. An example of a type of E-number is an emulsifier
FILL IN THE GAPS...
1.Sometimes steam ____________ is used because it does not raise the temperature too far.
2. An example of an oil extracted using this method is_____________ oil which is used in perfumes and bath product.
3. Vegetable oils are very important in our diets because they contain a great deal of _______________.
4. Many vegetable oils contain C=C bonds and are therefore called__________ oils.
5. Unsaturated fats are supposed to be better for us because they do not form so much _____________ in our bodies.
6. E-numbers are substances added to food to make it __________ its properties.
7. Antioxidants have a similar effect because they help to stop the food reacting with ____________________.
8. Emulsifiers improve the _______________ of the food.
9. Flavourings increase the particular taste of a food.a good example is __________________ glutamate which is often added to _______________________ food.
10. Colourings are added to food to make it more _____________ to look at.
11. Emulsifiers allow _____________ liquids to mix and form one phase.
CROSS OUT THE WRONG ONE
1. Animal fats have higher levels of saturated/unsaturated fats in them.
2. This is because the attractive/repulsive forces between the saturated/unsaturated fat molecules are stronger/weaker than those between saturated/unsaturated molecules.
3. vegetable oils and fats are used for cooking because they have higher/lower boiling points than water.So Food can be raised to a lower/higher temperature and the food is cooked more slowly/quickly.
4. To make oils into solids/gases they are reacted with oxygen/hydrogen in the presence of a catalyst in a process called hydrogenation/oxygenation.
5. Vegetable oils can be made into butter/margarine in this way.
i really appreciate your help.