simple? would appreciate any help I can get , I am going to list five of the problems that I dont get, I understand the other 15. This is a review for my chemistry test and I got a D on the first one because I didnt understand some problems so this time I want to make sure I know how to get these answers so that I do well on this test because its really important to me! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance and if theres anything I can do to help you just let me know in your responce and i'd be happy to give advice ect..
1. Calculate the wavelength in both nm and angstroms associated with 1 mole of electrons in the hydrogen atom falling from level 4-->1. In what part of the electromagnetic spectrum does this wavelength fit?
2. Calculate the deBroglie wavelength for an alpha particle moving at a velosity of 15% the speed of light. Express this wavelength in meters, nanometers and picometers.
3. Write the valance configuration for the following:
Br, Zn, Cl 1-, Ba 2+, and Al.
4. Write a complete set of quantum numbers for all the "d" electrons in an atom of vanadium.
5. Using the noble gas core technique, write the electron configuration for atoms of Cs, Mg, S, I and Sc.