Please help with these problems. And explain them if you can. Thank you. These are a lot of problems...but anything you can do will help. Thanks!!
1. Sodium hydroxide solution is usually standardized by titrating a pure sample of potassium hydrogen phthalate (KHP), an acid with one acidic hydrogen and a molar mass of 204.22 g. It takes 32.30 mL of a sodium hydroxide solution to titrate a 0.1479 g sample of KHP. What is the molarity of the sodium hydroxide?
2. What volume of 0.0439 M Ba(OH)2 is required to neutralize exactly 16.08 mL of 0.141 M H3PO4? Phosphoric acid contains three acidic hydrogens.
3. A 10.00 mL sample of vinegar, an aqueous solution of acetic acid (HC2H3O2), is titrated with 0.4733 M NaOH, and 16.19 mL is required to reach the endpoint.
(a) What is the molarity of the acetic acid?
(b) If the density of the vinegar is 1.006 g/cm3, what is the mass percent of acetic acid in the vinegar?
4. A solution is prepared by dissolving 23.0 g NaOH in 140.0 mL of 0.270 M nitric acid. Will the final solution be acidic, basic, or neutral?
Calculate the concentrations of all the ions present in the solution after the reaction has occurred. Assume no volume change on addition of NaOH.
5. Hydrochloric acid (56.0 mL of 0.037 M) is added to 244.0 mL of 0.069 M Ba(OH)2 solution. What excess ions are left in the solution?
What is the concentration of the excess H+ or OH - ions left in this solution?
6. A solution of permanganate is standardized by titration with oxalic acid (H2C2O4). It required 28.99 mL of the permanganate solution to react completely with 0.1043 g of oxalic acid. The unbalanced equation for the reaction is shown below.
MnO4-(aq) + H2C2O4(aq) --acidic-->Mn2+(aq) + CO2(g)
What is the molarity of the permanganate solution?
7. A 44.14 mL sample of solution containing Fe2+ ions is titrated with a 0.0282 M KMnO4 solution. It required 19.21 mL of KMnO4 solution to oxidize all the Fe2+ ions to Fe3+ by the following reaction.
MnO4-(aq) + Fe2+(aq) ---acidic---> Mn2+(aq) + Fe3+(aq) (unbalanced)
(a) What was the concentration of Fe2+ ions in the sample solution?
(b) What volume of 0.0150 M K2Cr2O7 solution would it take to do the same titration? The reaction is shown below.
Cr2O72-(aq) + Fe2+(aq) ---acidic---> Cr3+(aq) + Fe3+(aq) (unbalanced)