Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Cell Biology and Cell Culture
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cell Biology and Cell Culture Cell Biology Forum. Cell Culture Forum. Post and ask questions about cell culturing, cell lysis, cell transfection, cell growth, and cell biology.

Methods to study tumor formation in vitro? PLEASE HELP ME!!

Methods to study tumor formation in vitro? PLEASE HELP ME!! - Cell Biology and Cell Culture

Methods to study tumor formation in vitro? PLEASE HELP ME!! - Cell Biology Forum. Cell Culture Forum. Post and ask questions about cell culturing, cell lysis, cell transfection, cell growth, and cell biology.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation Methods to study tumor formation in vitro? PLEASE HELP ME!!

Is it possible to study tumor formation in vitro?? Please lead me to any information or ideas you have!

I am trying to see whether XYZ promotes tumor initiation/formation. I have already began my in vivo studies and can detect the tumors on my mice. Now I feel that I want to further enhance my project by adding an in vitro component. It's too expensive to buy another set of mice but I have a lot of different cell lines that display the same genes I was looking at for my mice.

I'm not sure if its at all possible to do but I recently out that you can detect mammospheres on a plate of cells so I was wondering if its possible to detect tumors as well....

Please help!!

Tags
cancer , cell culture , formation , methods , study , tumor , vitro