Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Cell Biology and Cell Culture
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cell Biology and Cell Culture Cell Biology Forum. Cell Culture Forum. Post and ask questions about cell culturing, cell lysis, cell transfection, cell growth, and cell biology.

culture of MCF10A in filter or insert

culture of MCF10A in filter or insert - Cell Biology and Cell Culture

culture of MCF10A in filter or insert - Cell Biology Forum. Cell Culture Forum. Post and ask questions about cell culturing, cell lysis, cell transfection, cell growth, and cell biology.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Volunteer
Points: 1,873, Level: 26 Points: 1,873, Level: 26 Points: 1,873, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default culture of MCF10A in filter or insert

Hello everyone,

I am trying to culture MCF10A cell in filter (cell culture insert from VWR with catalog 62404-550. It is the same thing as the one from BDbiosciences with catalog 353095). I tried to put MCF10A in those inserts directly or put cells on Collagen I coated surface, however, none of them works, the cells do not grow (the parallel one in T75 grows very well with the same medium).

I put this insert in wells in a 24-well-plate, but I did not add medium in the bottom wells (the well in plate) until day3. I am not sure whether I should add medium in both the filter (insert) and the bottom well.

Is there anyone has experiences of culturing MCF10A or MDCK in filter (insert) who can help me to figure out the way to solve my problem?

And is there any published protocols for this kind or culture?

Many thanks.

Lei

Tags
culture , filter , insert , mcf10a