Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Botany Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Botany Forum Botany Forum

I need help with an experiment about plant growth (mung bean)

I need help with an experiment about plant growth (mung bean) - Botany Forum

I need help with an experiment about plant growth (mung bean) - Botany Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default I need help with an experiment about plant growth (mung bean)

For my biology course I'm supposed to do an experiment about plant growth using the mung bean. (*if someone knows more about a different easy-to-grow seed then talk about that, it doesnt have to be a mung bean, I just found the most info on it)

I don't have time to grow the plant, so I've decided to just try to guess what will happen.

The problem is I need help knowing the rate at which a mung bean normally grows since I am supposed to have labelled diagrams every 4 days after germination and measurements of how tall the stem is.

I've found lots of stuff online to help me figure out the germination, but I can't really find anything about after germination.

[Of the two things I did find about growth, one had a picture after a week and 2 weeks of growth, but no measurements. It's hard to guess from a picture how tall something is, but my guess is that it after a week it was about 10 or 12 cm tall? The second picture didn't look that much different other than some extra leaves and was taller (but I have no idea how tall). And the other one I found had measurements, but they seemed really off. He said he had just watered it normally and it only grew a little over a centimetre after 10 days... So that didn't seem right at all.]

So does anyone have an average idea of how fast a mung bean grows? Or how tall it usually is after a week or two of growth? It doesn't need to be exact, I just need a general idea so I can attempt to guess the rest of it.

Tags
bean , experiment , growth , mung , plant