Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Bioinformatics > BioStatistics Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BioStatistics Forum Post Questions and Discuss Biostatistics Programs and Stastistical Analysis Questions

Help with logistic regression in Minitab

Help with logistic regression in Minitab - BioStatistics Forum

Help with logistic regression in Minitab - Post Questions and Discuss Biostatistics Programs and Stastistical Analysis Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Help with logistic regression in Minitab

Hi,

I am currently using minitab to perform logistic regression analysis on my data (as I produce binary response data). My assay involves using two different backgrounds of cells (background A and B) and comparing particular mutant strains to a wild type for each backround (mutants 1-n). Currently i am using logistic regression in minitab to compare each mutant strain to the wild type for that particular background. However I would also like to compare particular mutants in background A to there equivalent in background B. I thought one way to do this would be to simply repeat the logistic regression anaylsis for each mutant taking background A as a reference value (as i use wild type currently). However as i would be looking at approximately 20 different mutant strains this would be a lot of logistic regression analysis, and I am concerned it would leave me susceptible to type 1 error.

Can anyone offer any help in this regrad of how I could possibly deal with this, it would be much appreciated.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Banned
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Help with logistic regression in Minitab

no Idea

Tags
logistic , minitab , regression