Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

>20bp Insertion Mutagenesis - How to?

>20bp Insertion Mutagenesis - How to? - Biology Forum

>20bp Insertion Mutagenesis - How to? - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default >20bp Insertion Mutagenesis - How to?

Hi All,

I need to insert 21-30 bps. I inserted 1-2 nucleotides before by simply using primers with these extra bps but 30 bps sounded a little too much to do it with primers. How should I do it? I have these in mind:

1) I can do it with long primers (e.g. 70 bps) with insertion bps in the middle.
2) I can do it sequentially with shorter primers with 5-6 insertions at a time (prefer not to)
3) I can do it with a kit.

I haven't used a kit before and don't know how they work. I m lazy and preferred to ask here instead of reading bunch of different kits' protocols. To be honest I prefer not to buy a kit also.

What is your suggestion? Do you think I can do it with 1st option?

Thanks in advance,

Engin

Tags
>20bp , insertion , mutagenesis , primer