Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

Question on Enzymes

Question on Enzymes - Biology Forum

Question on Enzymes - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Question on Enzymes

Although the Sodium Pump is an ATPase, during it's cycle there is a phosphate group being added and taken away from the protein so surely kinase and phosphotase are involved because an ATPase only hydrolyses ATP?

Also, we are just going over how Enzymes work with their substrates. Am I right in saying all enzymes work in the induced fit way where the enzyme is specific to it's substrate and involves the enzyme and the substrate working at an active site? For example DNA Ligase forms phosphodiester bonds between Okazaki fragments...

What about when one job involves two enzymes ie. DNA Gyrase and DNA Helicase in unwinding the double helix or when an enzyme has two jobs such as DNA Polymerase forming phosphodiester bonds between nucleotides and adding new nucleotides to the RNA Primer.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Default Re: Question on Enzymes

What an extra ordinary co incidence, that is exactly what I have studied couple of days before.
Thanks, many of the things are even more clearer to me from now on.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1

Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiddle View Post
What an extra ordinary co incidence, that is exactly what I have studied couple of days before.
Thanks, many of the things are even more clearer to me from now on.
I helped?

Because I was looking for answers myself. Also, what exactly is Proteolytic Cleavage?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Induced fit is not always applicable
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Volunteer
Points: 200, Level: 3 Points: 200, Level: 3 Points: 200, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis1995 View Post
Bump

I helped?

Because I was looking for answers myself. Also, what exactly is Proteolytic Cleavage?
Proteolytic Cleavage is an enzyme activator.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 912, Level: 17 Points: 912, Level: 17 Points: 912, Level: 17

Lactose operon induction principle (the central dogma) DNA RNA protein replication transcription and translation reverse transcription of RNA replication gene expression (gene expression) - gene transcription and translation process. Generating a variety of RNAs (tRNA, mRNA, rRNA) and various protein polypeptide chain. RNA (tRNA, mRNA, and rRNA gene expression according to the biological reaction of the internal and external environmental stimuli, gene expression in a manner divided into: constitutive expression induction and repression of expression of constitutive Gene expression at any stage of ontogeny can in most sustained gene expression in the cells, regardless of the expression level is high or low, it is less affected by environmental factors, or very little change, and the gene expression product is usually necessary, the life processes essential, such genes often referred to as housekeeping genes (housekeeping gene).  induction (induction): in the stimulation of specific environmental signal, the corresponding gene is activated, so that the gene expression product increase this type of gene known as inducible gene.  can induce gene expression in specific environments enhanced process called induction (induction).

Tags
enzymes , question