Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

Molecular biology question!

Molecular biology question! - Biology Forum

Molecular biology question! - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Molecular biology question!

Hello all, my name is boa and im an undergrad student in sociology in France. I have some science courses to take in my curriculumm and molecular biology is one of them. I am glad I found this forum and im sure it will be helpful to me throughout the semester!

Here is my question:
You have cloned a cDNA molecule in the EcoRI and PstI sites of pBR322. Which
bacterial strain (XLI-blue or JM105) are you going to use for the transformation
experiment and briefly explain why?
Xl1-blue : lac- F’ [ lacIq lacZ∆M15 Tn10(tetr)]
or
JM105 : lac- F’ [ proAB+ lacIqlacZ∆M15]

. I understand that since I added my foreign DNA at the amp resistant site, this gene will no longer be expressed...but im not sure how this helps me to solve the problem.
Thanks!

Tags
biology , molecular , question