Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/)
-   Biology Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/biology-forum/)
-   -   molecular biology (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/biology-forum/85910-molecular-biology.html)

monica ngini 06-15-2012 12:10 PM

molecular biology

this is an assgniment from my leturer at KEMU university;
question 5.suppose you are given a task of constructing a lasmid expression vector suitable for moleculaar cloning in an organism of pharmacutical industurial interest.for example production of insulin in E coli ,list the seps you would use to develop such a plasmid

Calvin Brave 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

Re: molecular biology

Molecular biology is the study of biology at a molecular level. The field overlaps with other areas of biology and chemistry, particularly genetics and biochemistry. Molecular biology chiefly concerns itself with understanding the interactions between the various systems of a cell, including the interactions between DNA, RNA and protein biosynthesis as well as learning how these interactions are regulated.

Thanks a lot,
Calvin

Enlightened 07-11-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica ngini (Post 440851)
this is an assgniment from my leturer at KEMU university;
question 5.suppose you are given a task of constructing a lasmid expression vector suitable for moleculaar cloning in an organism of pharmacutical industurial interest.for example production of insulin in E coli ,list the seps you would use to develop such a plasmid

I assume you mean, plasmid as opposed to lasmid.
To give you a brief over view of what your answer should include is the following;

You would need a strain of bacteria to work with, lets just say for example you work with DH(Alpha)5 strain of E.Coli. You want to construct a vector, that will code for insulin. Through the use of restriction enzymes, you will cut out a part of the plasmid. This will be the area where you "insert" your vector by ligation. After ligation, you should have a plasmid vector that will produce human insulin.

To actually get the desired vector from a dna sequence, you can run gel electrophoresis and use restriction enzymes to cut desired areas. With UV light, and stained gel you can cut out the desired fragment. You can then proceed with a two step ligation, or three step or what ever the case may be.

John Peter 07-14-2012 11:19 AM

Molecular Biology is a vast field so, if you could provide any specific information about the profile of your boss then I think anybody can suggest you something that will certainly help you impress him for sure.

Thanks in advance,
John

Shahbaj 07-23-2012 06:44 AM

But till now some terms are undisclosed