Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

STR typing for human tissue immersed in formalin solution

STR typing for human tissue immersed in formalin solution - Biology Forum

STR typing for human tissue immersed in formalin solution - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default STR typing for human tissue immersed in formalin solution

Hello, this is Nancy ... i would like plz to ask about a DNA extraction protocol from a muscle tissue taken from an unkown dead body and immersed since 10 days in formalin (4C) (it was immersed by the autopsist and delivered like this to our lab) . i need to get a DNA profile to match it with the potentiel parents. i tried chelex, invitorgen for extraction (Identifiler, minifiler as PCR kit) .. i got no profile ... i need a protocol to get rid of formaldehyde and stg to break the crosslinks ... dunno ... i need to get a DNA profile some help plz

Tags
formalin , human , immersed , solution , str , tissue , typing