Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

Are we humans really the most powerful animals?

Are we humans really the most powerful animals? - Biology Forum

Are we humans really the most powerful animals? - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Are we humans really the most powerful animals?

We as humans consider ourselves the most powerful animals on earth. Many people don't even consider us animals.
My questions is: do other animals think this too? Or do you think that something like mice or ants think that they are the most powerful, and though humans are bigger, they still think of this as 'their earth?'
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

ants and mice think themselves the most powerful.....and they are tasty
Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Pipette Filler

Definitely not. The same animals that were here before us will still be here after us
Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Pipette Filler

If you mean dominant,smartest,and,multi abilities then yes
Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Pipette Filler

We're not animals. I'm so sick of people saying that, because we're an entire species apart from animals (which are a lower life form). How many buildings do you think would be designed by cats and dogs? ZERO. How many clothes do you think would be designed by ducks and chickens? ZERO. Declaring a human being an animal by process of elimination is like declaring an alien is a human because both species share arms and legs.

A lot of people classify themselves as animals while using deductive reasoning that since we're not from the "plant kingdom" or the "mineral kingdom", we're from the "animal kingdom". I don't buy it. Animals live off of instinct; it's "kill or be killed". They kill for food... they kill over territory... they killl because they HAVE to. Human beings are sentient, ordered beings with a innate moral fabric who don't HAVE to kill to survive. They kill for sport or because they're psychopathic. Period.

But to answer your question (if I were to ignore what I just wrote)... we certainly aren't the most powerful animal. There are animals that are way bigger, way stronger and way more vicious than we human beings are. As for your other question... I don't believe animals think, "Hey, we're the biggest and toughest on this turf, so don't mess with us!" They think on instinct, so it would be more like, "Hey, I eat little things like you for breakfast... run away before I pounce on you!" They don't think rationally. So no, animals don't think highly of themselves. Human beings do, however.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Pipette Filler

Many people think humans to be the most powerful animals on earth.
and yes all humans are animals.
it depends on which animals really, like you said any small animals like mice or insects do see us as the most powerful things on earth
but other animals like say cheetahs or even any kind of animal that tries to fight back are trying to prove they are the most powerful.

And even though humans are bigger (elephants are much bigger, so are giraffes) we do all still think its our earth when its all the animals earth seeing as they were the first ones here.

xxx
Pipette Filler

Until someone creates something to view the thoughts of animals we'll never know X?
Pipette Filler

Until someone creates something to view the thoughts of animals we'll never know X?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

We are animals biologically, but anyone can choose to think of us as something else. Lower levels of life besides monkeys and dolphins simply don't think like that. They don't have the brain power to comprehend such an idea. As for our power I think the fact that we everywhere and are causing an extinction is proof enough.

Tags
animals , humans , powerful , _